ITM - An Interactive Banking Experience
Technology When You Want It, Bankers When You Need Them
UCB is excited to announce the deployment of Interactive Teller Machines (ITMs). While using UCB ITMs, you have the option to interact one-on-one with one of our Live Virtual Bankers through real-time video, performing virtually almost every transaction you can do in our lobbies. This allows us to maintain the personal customer service you’ve come to expect and deserve, while also extending our hours and overall convenience for you.
This technology allows you to do simple transactions such as withdraw money or check account balances. In addition, new features allow you to do more complex transactions such as make loan payments and perform account transfers. If you need a little help, at the touch of the Live Button, you can speak directly with one of our UCB Virtual Bankers.
Our ITMs can be used in two ways:
1. Use the ITM as a traditional ATM, 24/7, to withdraw cash, transfer funds, check balances and make deposits.
2. Use the machine in ITM mode to interact with our UCB Virtual Bankers through an interactive two-way video chat. Our Bankers will be able to assist you with a multitude of activities you would do in our lobby.
- Cash checks, down to the penny
- Make deposits
- Deposit up to 200 items at one time
- Make account inquiry
- Make loan payments
- Transfer money between accounts
- Verify identity if you do not have your debit card
- Help with complex transactions
Where are the ITMs Located?
We have 17 new ITMs that will replace ATMs at some of our branches. These ITMs are multifunctional and have access to UCB Live Virtual Bankers from 7:45am - 6:00pm on Monday - Friday, and from 8:30am - 12:00pm on Saturday.
- Bluebonnet Branch - 9817 Bluebonnet Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- Coursey Branch - 11280 Coursey Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70816
- Prairieville Branch - 17257 Airline Hwy, Prairieville, LA 70769
- Gonzales Branch - 12328 Hwy 44, Gonzales, LA 70737
- Thibodaux Branch - 200 East Bayou Rd, Thibodaux, LA 70301
Have more questions?
What is an ITM?
- ITM stands for Interactive Teller Machine, which is a video-based technology that allows customers to do traditional ATM transactions, but also allows for more complex transactions usually done through tellers.
What does an ITM allow me to do?
- Check balances, transfer money, make withdrawals, make deposits, make a loan payment
- Select your denominations for cash back
- Cash checks including cents, up to 99 cents
- Deposit up to 200 items at a time (bills or checks)
- Request assistance with the touch of a button to speak face-to-face with a UCB Banker
What is a Live Virtual Banker?
- A Virtual Banker is a UCB employee dedicated to assisting our ITMs. They are available to answer questions, assist with transactions, and perform any teller type transaction.
Do I need my Debit Card or PIN to use ITMs?
- You will have an option! You can use your debit card and PIN to access your account. Or you can use the Live Virtual Banker option and present your photo ID for them to verify your identity.
Will I need to complete a deposit slip for ITM transactions?
- No! Deposit slips are not needed when using ITMs. You just select the Deposit option and insert your bill(s) and/or check(s) up to 200 items.
Can I deposit coins into the ITM?
- No, you cannot insert coins into the ITM; however, machine will dispense coins as part of any withdrawal transaction.
What about security and privacy?
Can I get my banking questions answered?
- Yes, when you activate the Virtual Banker, they can answer any question you may have about your account.
Do I have to use the Live Virtual Banker feature?
- No, you can use your card to access your account and proceed with most transactions. The only time you must use a live banker is for making loan payments and cashing checks.
Where is the call center/virtual banker located?
- Our UCB virtual bankers work remotely located in the same cities where our branches are located. You will still be serviced by our local workforce.
Are ITMs replacing UCB employees?
- No, when you use a UCB ITM, you will be served by a UCB team member. Virtual bankers work remotely from various locations. However, we still have team members in every branch should you like to speak to someone in-person.
Can business transactions be conducted on an ITM?
- Yes, business customers can do simple transactions by using our Live Virtual Bankers on the ITMs; however, large transactions or change orders will have to conducted inside.
When will my transaction post to my account?
Deposits initiated with your debit card after 2:30pm are considered next business day. Funds from deposits may not be available for immediate withdrawal. Refer to UCB’s Your Ability to Withdraw Funds disclosure.
Can non-UCB customers use a UCB ITM?
- Yes, non-UCB customers can use our ITMs just like a regular ATM. They can also use the Virtual Banker assistance to cash UCB checks.
Are the ITMs handicap accessible?
- Yes, our ITMs are ADA compliant.