As a recipient of funds from a Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Loan, we want to update you on the progress and timeline associated with the forgiveness process. It is the goal of our UCB Bankers to ensure that 100% of our PPP borrowers receive all of the assistance and resources needed to successfully submit your forgiveness application.
PPP Latest News and Updates
Throughout the balance of October and November, 2020, our Bankers will begin reaching out to all of our Payroll Protection Program clients to begin the forgiveness process.
- The SBA and Treasury Department have announced a simpler PPP forgiveness application for loans of $50,000 or less.
If you would like to begin reviewing the simplified application, you can click here for a copy. Again, our bankers will be reaching out very soon to provide you with specific guidance on how to submit your forgiveness application.
What should you do in the meantime?
As previously communicated, thorough documentation regarding your payroll expenses will be the key to an easy forgiveness experience. We will be reaching out to you soon to assist you in determining which of the three SBA Forgiveness Applications is applicable to your business.
We understand that the forgiveness process can be confusing.
Read up on some of the terminology and learn what documentation you'll need to complete your forgiveness application.
How can you get prepared?
Below is a list of documentation to begin collecting that support how the loan proceeds were spent. Please note that all of the documentation listed below will need to be uploaded to us at time of application. Please take the time to scan your documents and get them ready for upload if they are not currently in digital form. High quality pictures of documents will be acceptable.
- Payroll reports from your payroll provider or bank account statements
- 2019 State and Federal payroll tax filings (Form 941)
- Payment receipts, cancelled checks, or account statements of any employer contributions to employee health insurance and retirement plans included in forgiveness amount request.
- Documentation that shows the number of FTE employees you maintained during the historical reference period chosen.
- Nonpayroll expense documentation verifying the existence of obligations prior to February 15, 2020, and receipts, canceled checks, or account statements verifying eligible payments
Our bankers are readily available to answer and questions you may have regarding your PPP Loan. You can contact us at 866.505.3736 for additional questions or concerns.